I suppose that I should explain how we got plane tickets, especially after my long grouchy post about support raising. (By the way, I am working on my attitude towards support raising. My dear friends, Susan and Nicole, told me that I have a bad attitude and they are right. That's why we need good friend. Thanks guys!)
So the tickets that COTN found for us were $500 dollars more than usual and then we would have to pay a 10% booking fee, which would have made the cost of our trip go up almost a $1000 dollars, which when I have a team of 11 that is a lot of money.
So I was stressed out... because we needed to get plane tickets and needed them soon, and I don't have $8000 lying around. My wonderful co-teacher, Jenny, taught all day Thursday, which allowed me time to look up plane fares. (I used to think that being a travel agent would be fun... not anymore... I am not detail oriented enough to be good at that job. So if I ever get the idea that I would like to do that again, please remind me) With the help of one of my team members, Molly, we were able to find flights that were within the amount that we were hoping that they would be.
This helped drastically because we had enough money in our account to be able to cover the costs of those tickets. What a release of stress that was. I often forget to attribute these answers to prayer to the Lord, but I know that he is the one who provided the tickets at a cheaper price. He works in ways that we don't often expect, but he is still working. And he is reminding me that he is trustworthy which helps to strengthen my faith, slowly, but it is strengthening.
So we all plane tickets, and we are all going to Sierra Leone. We still are short a significant amount of money so I would appreciate if you would continue to pray, but I am going to choose to trust that he will provide.
Saturday, May 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment