Thursday, July 23, 2009

Shanghai

My friend Megan and I are in Shanghai for the next couple of days. What an eventful day it was. First of all, there was this little thing called a total solar eclipse that was happening here in Shanghai that we didn't know about until a few days ago. It actually is a really big deal, and people have traveled here specifically to see this. So we were excited that it worked out that we were actually here for it. Well, we woke up this morning, and clouds were everywhere. So we didn't actually get to see the eclipse, but it was really weird because it got really dark for about 6 minues at 9:00 in the morning. It was a very bizarre thing. The great part was that it was pouring down rain. I have some pictures to show you when I get back.

Well, it continued to rain the rest of the day. We decided to go ahead and go to the Bund, a famous sight here in Shanghai. We got there, and they are doing construction because the World Expo is going to be here in 2010. So we couldn't see the river at all.

In spite of all that, we had a lot of fun, and laughed a lot. Megan makes me laugh more than anyone I know. Its been so fun to get to spend time with her.

Tomorrow, we night-train to another city to see some more friends of mine who live there.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Miss you guys!