Monday, June 01, 2009

My foster family


These are my friends, Susan and Alan Hunt. I am not really sure what I would do without them in my life. Earlier this year, when I couldn't find a roommate they let me live with them for 3 months. Now I am back home, living with them again. And when I get back in July, I'll live with them again. They let me store my things in their garage. They also are my permanent address. When my parents moved, I had nowhere for my mail to go, so they became my address. And now that I move so much, they just let my mail come to their house.

We joke about how they are my parents and they should claim me as a dependent on their taxes. Susan even calls to check in with me if I get home too late.

Not only are they so welcoming hospitable to me, they are just an amazing couple. They are generous with their time and resources. They always have an open home. They are both so kind and deeply love the Lord. Susan is always there to listen. I have some of the best talks with her about life.

I love you both dearly. Thanks for taking care of me!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love you too! I'm glad you live at our house from time to time and have your permanent address here (even if I'm jealous of the massive amounts of real mail that you get). It give me an excuse to make sure you come over. I even like that you call us your "foster parents" except that it is slightly awkward since you are my best friend and older than me- haha. I will miss you since I'm not going to see you for a month!!!