Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am home

I arrived last night back from Sierra Leone. Not sure how I feel about being back. I definitely was not ready to come back. The time was much too short.

I had so many wonderful times reconnecting with friends and my kids there. So many stories to share, so many thoughts racing through my mind.

It is always amazing to me how quickly life can shift. One moment, I am in a small village in the middle of Sierra Leone. The next I am back in the hustle and bustle of life in America. Not sure I like all the hustle and bustle.

For now, I am going to go enjoy a nice hot shower (I really miss those when I am gone), and make a cup of coffee and try and do journaling and reflection on the past three weeks.

1 comment:

jody said...

oh, I can't wait to hear more!!!