It's official, I have a black thumb. We have been growing plants in our classroom and for our morning class, Wendy helped the kids plant their flowers. They are thriving and growing like plants should. The afternoon class was lucky enough to have me help them plant the seeds. Well those plants are completly dead. Nothing is growing, not even a little root or stem. So much for hands on learning for the afternoon class. I should not be allowed to touch living things.
We had another parent's night out and we have so many generous parents at our school. It always is such an encouragement to me to see how many people are willing to generously give towards our trip to Sierra Leone.
Sometimes, only sometimes, I really like technology. I like that I can talk to friends in Sierra Leone or in Portugal. One of my friends who was living in Sierra Leone while I was there, who now lives in Portugal called me on Saturday. So fun to talk to friends.
I met a very nice lady at the post office. I ran into the post office, 5 minutes after they had closed with all our passports for Sierra Leone and then for my friends who are going to China with me. So I had a lot of passports in my possession, which is scary. I really needed to get them in the mail that day. The lady was very kind and let me go ahead and mail my packages. Yeah. Soon we will have Sierra Leone visas and Chinese visas.
I got to talk to my friend in China who we are going to visit in July. It was fun to talk to her and I am so excited to go and see where she has been living for the past 3 years.
We leave for Sierra Leone in less than a month!
There are only 9 days of school left!
I think that is all the randomness for now.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow...so fun that you have a friend in Portugal. Maybe you should go visit her sometime! :o)
I'm excited about your trip to Sierra Leone.
Joy
oh boy! lots going on :) glad we got to chat. hang in there. praying for you and so so proud of you! (and slightly jealous of all your travels)
Post a Comment