I love making do to list and then getting to cross those things off my list. It makes me feel productive. So I put blogging on my do to list, which is why I have made three posts in one day! Cross that off the list.
Yesterday I took over stuff to make gingerbread houses for Mu Leh and her boys. They were super excited! Unfortunatly my camera was out of batteries so I didn't get any pictures. The boys had so much fun making a house. At first they were really confused about frosting. I tried to explain it as glue, which I realized later is why they didn't want to put it on their house. I then showed them that they could eat it and then they went frosting crazy. Eeh Tu, the three year old, had a hard time understanding why I was telling him to put the candy on the gingerbread house, when he wanted to put it in his mouth. He kept looking at me like I was crazy and then put a piece of candy in his mouth.
One of Mu Leh's friends came down who spoke English really well and Mu Leh and I were really able to communicate with each other. We were both asking each other questions that we have wanted to know for a long time but have never been able to communicate. I found out so much more of her story and her testimony. It was a beautiful gift to be able to share our lives with each other last night. She is an amazing women, with a beautiful story, and a generous heart.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment