Friday, January 19, 2007

The reason that I am here





Sometimes when I get frustrated with the teachers or the way of life here, it is easy to let things get blown out of perspective. But thankfully there are 88 children who remind me of the real reason why I am here. These are the faces that bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart. And Kristen and I have found some fun ways to relive stress.

3 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

Where did you get those, hmmm, crazy Hawaiian-style dresses!

I just finally read your Christmas blog post and saw the photos. They made me cry . . . but more for myself because I realize how much we missed you at Christmas.
Love!
Dad

em said...

beautiful portraits of the children...and you look astoundingly beautiful with a side ponytail...you might have to bring that back with you! i love you lots, think of you often, and miss you. p.s. i still haven't taken my bracelet off...for anything.

Emma Claire said...

So wonderful to see your face, Sarah. I've been reading your blog faihtfully and praying for you as well. What wonderful work you're doing! I love all of your pictures and descriptions of Africa. You are though of often.
Love,
Caroline and Emma Claire