Saturday, January 27, 2007
National Power
Yesterday when I got home from playing with the children, I was so excited because National Power was on. We haven't had national power more then 4 times since I have been here and it has never been for very long. I was excited because this meant that we could plug our freezer in and have cold water to drink and that we could plug the hot water heater in and take a warm shower. I was getting so excited, I could hardly contain my joy. But, as I usually do, I started getting way too ahead of myself. The first disappointment was when I found that although the hot water heater worked, the hot water spout on the sink did not work... so no hot shower. Then about an hour later the power went off, which meant no cold water. So instead I took a cold shower and drank lukewarm water, just like I have grown so use to doing. Oh the adventures of living in Africa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment