Friday, September 01, 2006
A Social life !?!?
One thing that I was not expecting to have here in Sierra Leone was a social life. But I have been surprised and encouraged that I have friends to hang out with on the weekends. There is a very supportive missionary community here. We meet every Tuesday for a Bible Study. It is amazing getting to know people from all over America, Lebanon, England, and Holland. I have been blessed by their encouragement and their willingness to come alongside us as we adapt to this culture. They understand the things we are struggling with and can rejoice in the changes that we see in the lives of the people. They also understand the need to sometimes get away and take a break. They invite us out for ice cream or to go to the beach. I am so thankful that the Lord has provided a support group, once again showing me that he is faithful to provide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment