Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Indiana
I have been able to work from my parents home in Indiana since Thanksgiving. My time here is finishing up, so I thought that I should post an update and some pictures of what I have been up to.
I missed both holidays last year with my family, so it was so nice to be able to be there for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Had a great time with my extended family and I am learning how to cook all the Saunier and Eisenhauer family food traditions. My cousins have 3 girls, and so I had them over for a sleepover! So much fun. We made Christmas tree rice krispie treats, Christmas tree waffles, played a lot, and did not sleep very much.
Work wise, I am thankful for a flexible job where I can work from whatever location as long as I have my computer and the internet. I was able to share with some Education students at both Taylor University and Asbury University in hopes to recruit some education consultants to come and teach in Sierra Leone for a year. I also was able to share with a children's church at a church in Kentucky and meet with some individuals to share about Children of the Nations. People ask me what do I do on a day to day basis, and I never have an answer. Things always come up everyday to do; phone calls, emails to answer, proposal to write, researching things.... There is always plenty to do to keep me busy.
So from here I head to Kansas City. My friends from college are having a reunion over presidents weekend and then I will be going down to John Brown University to share with the education students about Children of the Nations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Umm, do you mean MLK Jr. Day weekend?? because I can't wait until the end of Feb. to see you. Get back here!
Post a Comment