Friday, May 27, 2011

Confession

I have a confession to make... I hate traveling. Now don't get me wrong I love being new places and experiencing new things, but I hate the traveling part. I don't like airplanes, I don't like layovers, but most of all I hate the uncertainty of traveling.

You can kind of plan when traveling at least in theory, but in actuality, especially when flying internationally, something always goes wrong (at least when I fly internationally, maybe I am part of the problem)

It always works out, somehow, but the waiting and the not knowing exactly how it all is going to work out stresses me out. I like to be able to plan and have a little bit of structure, which is funny considering the life that I live. There isn't really any structure in my life currently.

I was telling someone yesterday that it will be nice to get to Sierra Leone because I'll be there for 5 months, which is longer then I have been anywhere else in the past year. Funny how God brings us things to mold us and challenge us.

As I write this, I am currently stuck in Chicago for 2 days after missed flights. My mom's bags are lost, and I only have a flight to London, not to Sierra Leone. So this uncertainty is definitely prompting this blog, but every time I fly there is a bit of stress that goes with that.

But, on Saturday I will board a plane headed for London, hopefully with my mom's bags, and a continuing flight to Sierra Leone for me. Please be praying for all those details to work out.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow...sorry to hear that Sarah! It's the kind of adventure you just don't want when you are ready to just be in SL!!! Praying for you both!