Thursday, May 26, 2011

and I'm off...

After 8 trips to Target for those last minute things I forgot...

After a great time in Indiana with my family...

After getting to spend a week in Colorado with good friends...

After several repacks and reshuffling of items... (both bags are at 49.8 pounds, hopefully the airport scales say so as well)

After my last long hot shower for a while...

And after my last Starbucks french vanilla latte...

I am off to Sierra Leone. Off to my second home, to see my kids and friends there. I am excited. It kind of snuck up on me that I am leaving so soon though. In some ways it seems so normal that I am jumping on a plane headed half way across the world.

My mom is flying over with me today and I am so excited that she is coming with me. Excited for her to meet her Sierra Leone family and excited for them to meet her.

Please be praying for our time together. We have a long couple days of travel before us. Pray for safe travels (that the volcano in Iceland wouldn't effect our travels), for health for my mom (she gets motion sickness), and for us to be an encouragement to the staff and kids.

And just to make you laugh, yes, I did go to Target last night in this stunning outfit. All my other clothes were packed :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

been praying for safe travels. It was so good to see you before you left!