I just want to start out by saying that I love my new job. I really do. I love being able to be so focused on the education of Sierra Leone, but as well as focusing on the other countries that COTN operates in as well. The days are busy and go by fast, and I already have lots of projects that I am working on.
One of those being the University Program. As our students gets older that m
eans more and more of them and getting themselves ready for University. I have been working with Wendy and figuring out how we are best going to fund these students to go to University and support them while they are there. I am really enjoying it. Funding is always the tricky part of any programs that we do, and to get a student through University costs much more than to provide for their needs in primary and secondary school. So if you know of any one who really wants to help students in other countries go to University, pass them along my way!
A few other things I have been working on lately:
figuring out what grade all of our kids in Sierra Leone are in (much harder task to keep track of the kids then I thought when working with a country that is not d
etail oriented.) I thought that I was coming home with all the information I would need, then I started looking at it and noticed all the gaps that are missing :)
Planning a science summer school for the kids in Sierra Leone this summer
Helping to plan the prayer retreat for COTN staff in the USA
Creating a Standard Operation Manuel for the schools (much needed! So glad to be working on this)
And lots of other little tasks that come up everyday.
It is good though. I like it. I really do. I love my supervisor who is so great to work with and bounce ideas off of. I like my little office where I work. I'll have to take som
e photos soon.
I think I miss teaching a bit more then I thought that I would. Teaching Kindergarten I was physically tired at the end of each day from chasing 5 year olds around all day. Now, I am mentally tired, from thinking and sitting in front of a computer a
ll day. But this is the picture I get to look at on my computer all day so it makes me happy.
3 comments:
i would love looking at that picture too! so sweet! sounds like you are staying busy with preparations and planning an such! so glad you are loving it! :)
You are definitely where you need to be. Your experiences and perspective are so valuable to the job you are doing! Can't wait to keep hearing about all of your great ideas!
She's so cute! Love "Baby" Sarah. :)
Post a Comment