Thursday, August 26, 2010

Holidays in Sierra Leone

The children’s home has been quiet lately with only 20 of the children left who have not gone to visit their relatives. We have had typing lessons, and they are becoming more proficient at typing. We had girls night where they got to paint their nails and put on all different kinds of makeup. One of the teams left a whole bag of girly things (most of which, I didn’t know exactly what to do with), but we had fun painting our faces. We all had makeup all over our faces. I wish I could post pictures, but the internet here is too slow. We then had boys night where we watched Harry Potter and ate snacks. Currently as I write this, I have nine boys in my house. Some are reading books, some are playing cards, some are watching me as I type. I love having kids around in my house.

Update on the cockroach battle :) They are still here, but much less in number. I have to admit that I take great joy every time that I am able to kill one though! I have almost completely moved into house 10, and it feels more and more like home. These children here are spoiling me and come and help me everyday with my chores. They are such good kids.

1 comment:

Jennifer Haber said...

I just had to cry when I viewed the pics showing the impact for CHRIST you are making. Wonderful pics ... did I miss a pic of the cockroaches?

Love you ...