Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby Sarah #2

The beginning of August, a beautiful baby girl was born to a mother who is very special to me. She is one of the girls whom I was in a Bible study when I was here for that first year, and she was someone whom I got to know really well. She named her baby Sarah, and I feel so honored to have another little namesake in Ngolala. I got to see her only a couple hours after she was delivered.

It also makes me realize how much this place has become home and how much I have invested here and how dear these people are to me. How can I not keep coming back to see these little ones grow up.

The other day I was sitting in Ngolala with five to six kids around me, and as I stopped to look at each of m, I smiled as I realized that I had either been there when they were born, knew them when they were a small baby, or saw them when they were still in their mother's womb. And now, these same kids are getting ready to enter nursery school. I felt so blessed that I can be around to see these children grow up.

I really want to try to post a picture of this new baby Sarah so you can see how precious she is. We'll see if the internet here cooperates with me.

5 comments:

em said...

sarah...amazing.God is using you to leave a legacy...i am praising God and can't wait for a picture!!

Rose Starr said...

Thanks for all the posts and updates from you and your friends. The photos are great and I love hearing your heart. God is so good. Praying for you...may those darn cockroaches stay out of your toiletries! lol

Enjoy the blessing of being where you are!!! So happy for you and we'll continue to pray!
~Rose Starr

Julie said...

Another Baby Sarah! How wonderful. Praying for you Sarah...I love to see your heart...thanks for blogging from the middle of the jungle.

Jennifer Haber said...

What a GOD print you are leaving and loving in the hearts of all you meet. We continue to pray for you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wish we were there to celebrate with you and all your friends.

Blessings for a wonderful day.

Candace said...

I agree w/ em - how amazing! Thanks for sharing this story.