Friday, December 04, 2009

This is the email that I sent to the director of my school yesterday.
Rob,
Jenny and I regretfully inform you that due to the inclement weather, we have decided to migrate south for the winter. Our last day will be tomorrow. Good luck finding a new Kindergarten staff. We will miss you. Thanks.

Love
Jenny and Sarah

I also have told him that I will not move to Sierra Leone if he installs a fireplace in my classroom. So yesterday he sends us an email telling us that he found a way to keep us warmer so to wait for tomorrow.

So today he walks into our classroom and has our computer tech person install this on our computers so that we could play it on our promethan board.

Yes, it is a computer fire complete with crackling and Christmas songs. All my students thought that it made our classroom much warmer. So now I have my fireplace... now I am going to work on getting an expresso machine!

5 comments:

Megan said...

haha awesome! sounds like me-I told my language school director I didn't think I should have to come to school when it was below -10F. He said too bad because that is most of December and I can't have the month off. I was sad.

Dawn said...

LOVE IT!

Rose Starr said...

I love it! I need that on our tv. Our fireplace doesn't work.
~Rose

em said...

that is hilarious.

Allie said...

Wow. I'm jealous. And yet so happy for you.