I have been trying to post pictures about a really fun snowhoeing trip that I went on this past weekend, but they changed our computers at school and now, I can't post pictures, so instead, I am going to talk about my trip to Sierra Leone this summer.
I have been struggling over the question of short term teams and what do I think about them. Bear with me because my thoughts aren't really coherent thoughts, but they are there, filling my mind with questions.
It is going to be so expensive for my team to go over to Sierra Leone. Is this a good use of money? Couldn't a lot more be done with that much money. I know that exposing people to a different way of life is a great experience, but is it so great that it is worth that much money?
I know that I probably should have thought through this issue more before I organized this team, but now that we are actually preparing to go and raising money, the questions have really hit.
Dealing with poverty and with missions and service overseas is not an easy thing. I think that the more that I think about it, the more confused I become and the less answers that I have.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah,
I, too, have struggled some with the best use of our money and the impact of short-term teams. But, God can do a lot with willing hearts both on this trip and in igniting other people with the passion He's given you for sharing him. God's accomplishes his purpose regardless of our resources - isn't that awesome! Looking forward to talking with you.
Post a Comment