Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Africa in Aurora

Africa is a common vocabulary word in my classroom. Probably because it is all that I talk about as you all probably know from reading my blog. I was gone from school on Friday and when I came back all my students asked if I had gone to Africa. I have had more students that have brought me quarters for my trip to Africa. We have been studying the seven continents and last week was Africa. I brought in a bunch of my dresses and artifacts from Sierra Leone. We carried baskets on our heads, we tied babies on our backs, played the drums, tried on clothes, swept with a palm tree broom, read an African story... They all had so much fun. One girl didn't want to take the baby off her back. She walked around all morning. I was telling her mom and she said that she talks about Africa at least every day. She is in love with Africa. Who knows maybe we will someday read stories about her serving in Africa.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

just more ripples...

em said...

definitely more ripples...that's adorable sarah,that they though you went to Africa!