Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas break

It's Monday, and I am sitting at my desk at school, taking a break from all the hours of lesson planning and getting ready for another semester of school. I can't believe that Christmas break is already over. Its back to the real world, back to my 60 kids, back to lesson planning.
It was a wonderful Christmas break and I was able to spend time with so many people that are so special to me.

Here is my family on Christmas Eve. It was great to see them and spend time with them at Christmas. We did all the fun Christmas Eve traditions that I had missed when I was in Sierra Leone. I appreciate them so much.


These are my s. We have been friends since high school and it has been amazing to see how our friendship has deepened over the years that we have known each other. I appreciate their friendship so much!


These are some more wonderful friends from JBU. These s have been a source of encouragement and laughter for me.

A bunch of my JBU friends all came to Colorado for New Years for a reunion. We had so much fun together. I love that we are all still friends.


These are my friends Jody and Andy. They are adopting twins from Sierra Leone. I have been privledged to be a small part of this journey of faith that they are on. It has been wonderful to be able to talk about Sierra Leone with them. My heart has been encouraged by their love for these children and their country.


I went up to Winter Park to see my college roommate, Annie. We went for a day. I haven't seen Annie for a long time and it was great to catch up on life. And I discovered that I love .


One day we went sledding after a huge snowstorm. I haven't been sledding in forever and it was so great! Here's Al flying off the cliff. And then all us s on one sled.



And the last picture. This is my crazy dog Colby. He likes to watch TV. It is his favorite pastime, besides chewing stuffed animals, barking at the smoke detector and eating ice cubes.

2 comments:

em said...

haha-looks like a good time had by all! so glad i got to see you :)love you

Joy and Mark said...

So fun to see you guys all together. I'm sorry we missed you in Colorado. We flew into Montrose and drove to Grand Junction so we were on the wrong side of the mountains the whole time...sad...
Joy