
Thank you to all of you who prayed, called, or wrote an email of encouragement. I wish that I had time to respond to each of you individually, but thank you so much for your support and encouragement. You all blessed my heart through your concern and love that you expressed.
I managed to make it through four and a half months of living in Africa without getting sick once, so once I got sick, I decided to get it all at once. Just wanted you to hear from my own words about this past week, and that I am now doing fine and feeling healthy.
Monday I started not feeling very well, and then Monday night, I spent the whole night throwing up. I have never felt so sick in my life. The next morning, Mama Angie said that she was sending me to the hospital and the doctor immediately admitted me and did blood tests to see what was wrong with me. They found that I had a viral infection that was some strain of typhoid, and that I also had malaria. I was put on an IV drip and was given all kinds of different medicine to kill whatever was living in my body. The doctors and the nurses were so kind to me and came in to check on me all the time. I was very thankful for the care that they gave me.
Kristen was up country so I spent the time by myself and at times felt very lonely. But the Lord was faithful and provided me with company at just the right time. Thursday I was feeling the worst and wanted to come home. I just wanted my mom to be able to take care of me. I had a couple of friends that came to see me that day and they brought me orange juice and chicken noodle soup. Just what I needed! By Friday, I was feeling better, but still hadn’t been able to eat anything, but the doctor decided to release me and I was able to go home. The next morning when I woke up I felt so much better. I was even dancing at a wedding later that evening!!!!
No one can believe how quickly I was able to bounce back, but I know that the Lord healed my body. In fact, they are teasing me saying that I really just wanted to go and stay in a place that had air conditioning for a few days. Thank you for your prayers as I know that the Lord used them. I appreciate all your support. Thank the Lord for his healing touch on my life.
2 comments:
Only you can look so beautiful after being sick and in the hospital. We are so glad to hear you are feeling better. It doesn't surprise us how quickly you are bouncing back. If you weren't, I (Joanna) was about to buy a ticket to Africa to come take care of you. We love you!
P.S.But don't get sick again just to get us out there.
Sarah,
We at the COTN Silverdale Office have been praying for you daily, and cheered when we heard of your recovery through Krysta. I hope you are enjoying the treats from your family that I was able to pack and send through Chris' teammates.
Keep posting photos and prayer requests so we can include them in the weekly prayer meeting on Wednesdays.
I just got my own blog..let me know what you think
http://daveschertzer.blogspot.com
Happy Thanksgiving!
Dave @ COTN Silverdale
Post a Comment