One of my many responsiblities this year will be teaching piano lessons. Right now I have six piano students, and we are going to be teaching adult lessons as well. My students are brilliant. It amazes me how quickly they are learning. Some of them can just sight-read the music after I explain it to them. They are so eager to learn. One of my students had a broken wrist, yet was still wanting to play even though it hurt him.
There have been some challenges: they don't understand the concept of an individual lesson. I finally gave up on that. Whoever wants to sit and listen is welcome, so sometimes I will have 10 children sitting around me learning how to play the piano. Sometimes I will have to give lessons by the light of my headlamp. I am loving teaching these children and that they have the chance to develop their skills in something that they are so interested in.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment