Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sierra Leone

Well my attempts at blogging with words are a complete failure. Can't seem to say what I want to say and then I just give up. Kind of how my processing of life is going at the moment as well! Hard to sum up life in a few words, but pictures I can do. That is easy. They speak for themselves in a lot of ways, so here are some pictures. 
 Our first group of students to sit their entrance exams into University. Results comes out in September. Typically, in Sierra Leone, only 10-15% of students that sit the exam actually pass. We are all anxious and excited to see what the results are.
 This is Mr. Foday in Mokpangumba, an amazing teacher. In this picture, he is teaching Alhaji sign language. Alhaji is deaf and struggles at school. Mr. Foday is taking time to help Alhaji learn a way to communicate. More to come on this kid...
 Just too cute, no words needed
 This is Amie, again more to come on this precious little girl
Went to a baby naming ceremony in Mokpangumba for a new little baby Sarah. Was one of my favorite experiences in Sierra Leone. Had a wonderful day celebrating the life of this little girl. 


1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't wait to hear about the sign language!