Saturday, January 01, 2011

Roommate curse

I realized that I should let everyone know that I am no longer stuck in Brussels! I made it home safely after getting to sit in business class. Talk about the way to fly! Not sure I'll ever be able to fly coach again.

Currently I am in Indiana visiting my family for a week and a half. Its so good to be back home with them and I am looking forward to visiting my grandparents in Kentucky in a few days.

The past week was a busy one spent in Colorado visiting friends and seeing many different people. The reason why I came home early was because my friend Carissa was getting married.
I have what I call a "roommate curse" because every year since my freshmen year of college my roommates have gotten engaged within a year of living with me. If I have 2 roommates, only one of them gets married. Its worked without fail for the past 8 years. I think I should start advertising myself, maybe I could get free rent or something!

Carissa was my roommate last year in Denver and a dear friend from college. When she told me that she was getting married, I knew that I had to come home early for the wedding. And I am so glad that I did. She got married in a beautiful little lodge in Black Forest and the reception was in downtown Colorado Springs. It was a beautiful wedding.
Here I am with the beautiful bride.
My friend Susan and her baby Caleb. He's the cutest thing ever and most definitely my favorite part about being back in Colorado.

I will be in Colorado until the end of January when I have to move to Washington State where I will start working for Children of the Nations in their international office. I am excited to start my new job, but so sad to leave Denver.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

will you be living alone in washington state? maybe it will be like living with yourself...? roommate curse broken :) glad you're back and got to meet little caleb! isn't he the greatest?