Sunday, December 12, 2010

Favorite Moments

One of my favorite moments here, that I am really going to miss, is the evening time around 7:00 right as it is getting dark when all the home kids gather for devotions. As the generator comes on, whoever is in charge of devotions for that night stands in the middle of the courtyard and yells, house 1, house 2, house 3 . . . prayer time, prayer time, and everyone stops what they are doing and gathers for devotions. I love this time because it is so good to get to touch base with all of the kids that I haven't seen throughout the day. I love that I can focus my heart for a few minutes and spend time praying and praising God. It's these little moments that I realize that I am really going to miss as I begin to prepare myself to come back to America.

These kids are so special and I absolutely love getting to know their individual personalities and what they like and what they are good at and the ways in which they are troublesome. I will miss them, but thankful I know that I am coming back soon.

1 comment:

Julie said...

My favorite moment was always morning singing. I loved having my tea and listening to the voices of the kids praising God first thing. I wish I could start every day like that. Praying for you in this transition!