To be honest, I almost forgot that it was Christmas time. Nothing really feels like Christmas, especially because it is so hot outside. Today at church, the choir sang some Christmas hymns, and those songs struck me in such a new way than they have before. The Christmas meaning seemed more real, here where there are no Christmas trees, Christmas lights, snow, yummy Christmas treats. All that is left is Jesus. And that is what we should be celebrating. The act of love and what that meant.
These words from Christmas carols reminded me what we should be celebrating:
God and sinners reconciled
Light and life to all he brings
Born that man no more may die
He rules the earth with truth and grace
Jesus to thee be all glory given
And give them victory o'er the grave
And in His name, all oppression shall cease
I pray that when I return home for Christmas, I don't become distracted by all those nice Christmas traditions, but again, focus on these truths.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hear you Sarah! I actually am really enjoying this Christmas season overseas- without all the extra hype- to really focus on Him. Merry Christmas friend!
Post a Comment