Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Break

The snow outside my house on my two snow days which started off my Spring Break! Two extra days!

Well my spring break plans did not work out like I had planned, which was a good lesson for me. I am really good at being flexible in Sierra Leone when plans don't go as they were supposed to, but not at good at being flexible here, where plans are supposed to work out.
But it turned out to be a really good Spring Break where I was able to connect with a lot of good friend. After my short flight to Utah and back, I went down to Colorado Springs to see friends. I was able to see a lot of good friends. It is always fun to be back in Colorado Springs. Emily I went to Garden of the Gods. I love this park. It was a bit cold, but no one else was there. It was great to be outdoors.



We went to Helen Hunt Falls the next day and had a great thrilling walk of .1 miles before the trail got real slippery. Another great Colorado hike.




Kansas City was an added bonus to my spring break. Jason and I left Thurday night and arrived early Friday morning. It was so wonderful to spend time with Bethany and Paul. They are such good friends and an amazing couple. I love seeing how much they love Jesus and how they spread that love to others that are around them. Bethany is such a good friend and I laugh more with her than anyone else. We can be goofy together, but she also is one of the most encouraging people. She asks the best questions and really seeks to know you. She is a great friend. We had a great chance to connect with one another.
Paul and Bethany have a boat that we took out on the lake one day. So fun! The boys were brave and went water in the really cold weather.






Thanks for letting us come. It was wonderful to see you all. Love you lots!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Your visit was so good for my soul. I love you dearly. Thank you for brightening my month with your visit. I didn't know it before you came, but I needed you here.

I will post pics soon.