I am taking another team of teachers back to Sierra Leone this summer and we have started the fundraising process. First of all, I am super excited about our team. I think that it is going to be another great team of teachers. Secondly, I am so encouraged by the support of parents at our school. We have been doing Parent's Night Out again, and I am blown away by people's generosity.
We also had a parent offer to put a penny jar in her office to raise money, so tonight we had the kids make penny jars that we are going to try and get put in different places around Denver. We had one parent who offered to take two and put them in her work. Another parent asked us when we were going to start collecting school supplies. It is great to be in a place that supports us and our team.
It is so good for these students to be exposed to another way of life. Africa is a common vocabulary word for these students. They are having their world view expanded and that is a priceless gift that we can provide these students with. I just pray that they would remember these things and that they would have generous hearts as they grow up.
God is doing good work in this place and it is encouraging to see.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so great Sarah!! I'm so happy to hear you'll get to go back to Sierra Leone! And I think it's so awesome that you're exposing your kids to other parts of the world! What a valuable and precious gift you can share!
Can I please come!!!
Post a Comment