I also found out that one of the children from the home in Sierra Leone passed away last week. Phoebe was a girl that I have blogged about before. She had cerebal palsy and spent most of her days laying in her bed. She wasn't appreciate by most of the world, or even valued as a person by most, but those who truly took time to stop and spend time with Phoebe found that there was a beautiful treasure there. She had lessons to teach those who were willing to listen. Grieving Phoebe's death, doesn't seem like the approriate thing to do, instead rejoice seems more proper. Rejoicing that she no longer suffers, rejoicing that her broken body has been made whole. Rejoicing that now she can rest in the arms of the Father and know that she is loved and valued.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Sierra Leone thoughts
Yesterday, I pulled out my Sierra Leone scrapbook, which has remained untouched since I got home from Sierra Leone. I printed off so many pictures of Sierra Leone. As I sat looking through all of the pictures, memories flooded back into my mind. Things that I hadn't remembered in a while. I realized that even though I didn't want to have this happen, Sierra Leone has come to occupied less of my thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I still think about Sierra Leone all the time, but it no longer consumes my thoughts. I have in small ways, forgotten things that I never wanted to forget. But it happens, and I think that it is healthy that it happens. Otherwise it is really hard to live in the present.
I also found out that one of the children from the home in Sierra Leone passed away last week. Phoebe was a girl that I have blogged about before. She had cerebal palsy and spent most of her days laying in her bed. She wasn't appreciate by most of the world, or even valued as a person by most, but those who truly took time to stop and spend time with Phoebe found that there was a beautiful treasure there. She had lessons to teach those who were willing to listen. Grieving Phoebe's death, doesn't seem like the approriate thing to do, instead rejoice seems more proper. Rejoicing that she no longer suffers, rejoicing that her broken body has been made whole. Rejoicing that now she can rest in the arms of the Father and know that she is loved and valued.
I also found out that one of the children from the home in Sierra Leone passed away last week. Phoebe was a girl that I have blogged about before. She had cerebal palsy and spent most of her days laying in her bed. She wasn't appreciate by most of the world, or even valued as a person by most, but those who truly took time to stop and spend time with Phoebe found that there was a beautiful treasure there. She had lessons to teach those who were willing to listen. Grieving Phoebe's death, doesn't seem like the approriate thing to do, instead rejoice seems more proper. Rejoicing that she no longer suffers, rejoicing that her broken body has been made whole. Rejoicing that now she can rest in the arms of the Father and know that she is loved and valued.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As you know, God used Phoebe to impact my life...I have such a soft spot for kids with disabilities. I remember sitting with her one day and hearing God so clearly saying, "I love Phoebe just as much as I love you...can't you see...it's not about what you do...it's that you are my creation." I try so hard to earn it...
Post a Comment