Thursday, May 24, 2007

An update on life

It has been a while since I have posted on my blog so I just wanted to give a quick update as well as post about my exciting adventure.
This past month has been really busy for us. We are now acting in the capacity as secretary and intern coordinator. We have teams of interns coming throughout the month of June, so we have a lot of planning to do. Our country director left for America for a holiday, so we have been assisting the acting country director. I haven't been this busy since I graduated college.
Fatu is still in the hospital. They have taken her off pain killer and she is in a bit of pain. They think it will be another two weeks before she is able to come home. She is definitely ready to leave the hospital. Every time Kristen and I leave she screams for a while. Continue to pray for her.
Two of my dear friends, Joanna and Taylor, come to Sierra Leone tomorrow, Friday, and I am excited to see them and show them this place.
As for me, I have a major decision to make. I have been offered a position as a 2-3 grade teacher in the American school here in Freetown. It is a great school and a great opportunity, but I am having trouble deciding if this is where I should be. I think I have a fear of commitments.
So that is a brief update on life for me. Sorry it is a bit short but I have been at the Internet for a while now and I am ready to leave.
Hope everyone is well, and I will look forward to catching up on life with you soon.

1 comment:

jeremygrantcreative said...

Sarah,
the pictures came back to me. They had a stamp that said that mail is temporarily undeliverable to you area. Is there a different address I can send it to? I guess even if you're not there, the school could use the pics

By the way, did you decide what you're doing for the future? You'd been offered that job for teaching... did you end up accepting it or deciding to come back to the U.S.?

I'll keep you in my prayers.