Sunday, June 20, 2010

One week and counting

The countdown in one week until I leave for Sierra Leone.

I haven't quite wrapped my mind around it. It has been a busy couple of weeks. Currently I am in Kentucky visiting my family.

I head back tomorrow to complete this ever growing to-do list:
Jury duty (so annoyed at this one, really, 5 days before I leave)
Plan summer school
Finish in-service planning
Pack my house

And so many more small random things that I remember at odd times during the day. I keep my sticky notes with me all day and I just write down things as they come to me, otherwise I will never remember them all.

Please be praying these next couple of days. I know it will all get done and I will get to spend time with all the people that I care about, but currently it feels overwhelming. But then I will be in Sierra Leone and I am so excited about that part!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm on countdown as well-- 7 days until I fly back to the US for the summer and I too am wondering how I'll say all my goodbyes and pack in this next week! Trusting that He'll provide you with the time and strength to carry you through this last week!