Thursday, April 26, 2007

A busy random week



Well, it has been a while since I have been able to post something. Hopefully this time I will be able to post some pictures. First, let me give you an update on Fatu. Her surgery was supposed to be on Tuesday. We took her to the hospital Monday to admit her and we thought everything was fine. At this hospital, you are not allowed to stay with children, but the next visiting hour was Wednesday. So on Wednesday we went to go see her and it turns out that she has malaria and so they weren’t able to do the surgery. So we are waiting. The timing is getting a bit difficult because we were supposed to travel back to Banta at the beginning of this month, but it looks like we will have to rework our schedule. Pray that there will be no more complications.
This past weekend, Kristen and I were able to attend a women’s retreat with other missionaries in Sierra Leone. It was such a wonderful time of fellowship and celebrating being women. We had reflective times of worship. If was so refreshing to worship with songs that were familiar to our voices. We got to meet a lot of great women and to develop deeper relationships with others. Overall it was a time of refreshment and encouragement. I am so thankful for this opportunity.
Well, the last picture that I want to post is going to take a bit of explaining for some of you. The other day I got this package in the mail from my friends Jason and Colby. Well inside this package was this really ridiculous cow suit. Let me give you a bit of history about this cow suit. Colby found this at a thrift store a couple of years ago and has worn it at various JBU events. The latest event that the cow suit appeared at was Bethany and Paul’s wedding (what a memory!) Well, the new home of this cow suit is now Sierra Leone. So thanks Colby and Jason for making me smile. Maybe we should start a journal of the adventures of the cow suit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, Sarah Saunier!

Joy said...

I recognized the cow suit immediately. That is so funny.
Thanks for all your posts. I think and pray for you often and it's always nice to see your smile in those pictures!