Sometimes it is easy to focus on the hard things that I see and experience here, when really those are only a small part of my time here. I truly do love living here, especially in Banta. It is one of those places that I feel like I was created to live in. Working with the teachers and playing with the children, truly brings joy to my heart. So I decided to write down the top ten things that I love about this place.#1 Rocking babies to sleep
#2 Hiking through the jungle to get to the village.
#3 Talking with Kristen. I am so thankful that the Lord put us together and that we get along so well.
#4 Sitting back and watching the chaos in the school and then watching as Mr. Koloko (the head master) is able to get 350 children to be quiet simply by clapping his hands.
#5 Starting every morning off with hearing the school children sing praises to the Lord.

#6 Watching the sunset as we walk back through the jungle to our house.
#7 Always having a hand to hold, or a child to hug.
#8 People are always bringing us gifts of pineapples, coconuts, and yams. We appreciate their gifts because they are truly given from their heart. 

#9 Watching people's faces as we greet them in Mende and then hearing their laughter as they try to talk back to us and we have no idea what they are saying.


2 comments:
Sarah- It's really great to see the pictures of the places where you are- I hope all is well and I look forward to going back to Africa-
Hey Sarah- It's really great seeing all your pictures of where you are!! I look forward to coming back to Africa!!
Post a Comment